In the Philippines, Multilingual Analysts receive a very competitive entry-level salary of Php30,000 to Php50,000, depending on their skills and the company they will be employed . This may even go to as high as Php65,000 or more as their skills progress and as they gain more experience.
Basic Educational Requirement
To be a Multilingual Analyst, one must be a graduate of any 4 or 5 year course, preferably Communication, Linguistics, European Languages and the like. Other employers would not necessarily require these degrees given the person's proficiency in the use of the required language.
Cost of Education *
A four-year bachelor's degree in Communication and other related field costs around P10,000 in public institutions whereas in private schools, fees may range from P20,000 to P48,000 per semester.
The demand for individuals speaking foreign languages is rapidly increasing in the country. Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) companies are continuously posting vacancies online as the need for these Analysts by their foreign clients keeps on rising.
BPO companies has started and continues to spur growth and employment opportunities for deserving and qualified individuals. Foreign-language proficiency is the single-most qualification employers look for applicants, followed by the ease of delivery of the language in dealing with the clients. Graduates who are proficient in foreign-language can fill in this booming demand of the BPO industry.
Prospects for Career Advancement
Multilingual Analysts who are competitive can be promoted and become team leaders in the workplace as they continue to acquire proficiency in using foreign language and/or learning new ones and pose leadership abilities.
Nature of Work
A Multilingual Analyst interacts with clients regarding the services that the company offers. He/She negotiates complaints and offers solutions whenever there is one. The functions of Multilingual Analysts may vary depending on their area of assignment, i.e., Financial, Data, Reports, etc.
- Communicates with client to understand expectations, requirements, issues/concerns, and updates status of assigned tasks;
- Receives and investigates inquiries or complaints;
- Prepares and submits the necessary forms for the online release of the approved coding; and
- Gathers, generates, collects and collates appropriate source of data through phone or e-mail, and analyses them for reporting to the management.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to listen and follow directions / procedures;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines in a multi-task environment; and
- Good interpersonal skills; and
- Internet savvy.
Physical Attributes and Characteristics
- Can write and speak foreign languages (Italian, Japanese, Chinese [simplified & traditional], Dutch, Korean, Hindi, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French & Russian, Turkish, Urdu, Polish & Arabic) required by the position;
- Good attention to details; and
- Self- motivated.
* Based on tuition fee rates for school year 2011-2012.