Session on Gender and Development Sensitivity Awareness
The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Bureau of Local Employment (BLE) persistently works to further its personnel’s’ growing awareness of gender sensitivity issues to foster a gender-responsive working environment. Through its Gender and Development (GAD) Team, a session on GAD Sensitivity Awareness was conducted on 5 August 2019 at Estrellas de Mendoza, Laiya, San Juan, Batangas for BLE staff, aimed at improving the knowledge of participants and influencing attitudes and values towards GAD-related issues. Facilitated by Ms. Evangeline Aviñante and Ms. Ana Liza Ragos, said session involved discussion, team teaching, structured games, and brainstorming. Read More...
- Executive Order (E.O.) No.273 Approving and Adopting the Philippine Plan for Gender-Responsive Development (PPGD 1995-2025).
- The PCW-NEDA-DBM Joint Circular No.2012-12 providing that at least five percent (5%) of the total agency budget appropriations authorized under the annual GAA shall correspond to activities supporting GAD Plans and programs.
- The Magna Carta of Women or R.A 9710 and the General Appropriation Act (GAA) mandating all government departments, including their attached agencies, offices, bureaus, and other government instrumentalities to formulate their annual GPBs within the context of their mandates to mainstream gender perspectives in their policies, programs and projects.
- Solo Parents’ Welfare Act of 2000- R.A.8972
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Law- Republic Act 7877
- Special Leave Benefits for Women under R.A.9710
- Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004- R.A.9262
- DOLE DO No. 65-04 Rules and Regulations Implementing A.9231-Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act