Quality Assurance Specialist
In the Philippines, a Quality Assurance Specialist usually receives an average salary of P17,500 and it may go up as much as P23,000 for those who are highly experienced.
Basic Educational Requirement
Must have completed at least two years of college or vocational course however most companies prefers one to have a college/bachelor's degree specially in technical, medical, and marketing accounts.
Cost of Education *
A bachelor's degree would cost around P3,500 to P60,000 per semester in different educational institutions.
The Call Center industry is indeed one of the fastest growing e-Services sector. In this highly competitive market, the success of a business has always depended on how well that business can communicate with clients and meet their needs. In this situation, call center companies give a quality assurance to the customers, and that's the call of a Quality Assurance Specialist. Because of the sheer number of calls and other communication coming into a call center on any given time, it is important that the calls be managed or monitored by a Quality Assurance Specialist. This is to make sure that the agent/representative is providing the right solution to a certain issue/inquiry.
Nowadays, there is no doubt, that one of the most commonly talked about subject by millions of people around the world the social networking sites. BPO industry is now embracing social networking, allowing its young workforce to step ahead and be a part of the worldwide social platform. This ballooning business will surely need agents and at the same time more Quality Assurance Specialists to come up with a good quality service.
Prospects for Career Advancement
A Quality Assurance Specialist may advance to either Senior Quality Assurance Specialist or Soft Skill/Communication Trainer. He/She may also become a Technical Trainer or a Team Leader/Supervisor after one to three years experience depending on his/her matrix or experience.
Nature of Work
A Quality Assurance Specialist is an analyst in call monitoring in the interest of driving improved performance in the call center.
- Creates call monitoring formats and quality standards;
- Monitors live agent phone calls;
- Reviews, critiques, and rates agent phone recordings;
- Documents the findings through Quality Monitoring Forms providing detailed notations and comments;
- Discusses findings to the agent and clarifies questions or concerns;
- Provides effective feedback or communicates results with Team Leaders and representatives to continuously develop and improve agent's performance;
- Analyzes/Monitors performance of support staff and implements department improvements;
- Leads weekly QA meetings with clients;
- Makes all the reports needed by clients;
- Maintains understanding of program specific training;
- Coordinates and facilitates call calibration sessions for call center staff;
- Participates in customer and client listening programs to identify customer needs and expectations;
- Works with managers and supervisors/ team leaders to calibrate monitoring process;
- Defines quality parameters to the call center agents and QA's and defines the scope of improvisation;
- Leads/supervises all aspect of Quality excellence with emphasis on continuing to improve operating results and strengthening underlying processes; and
- Facilitates changes to SOPs, policies, training materials, and other documents for a technical discipline.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Have technical and mathematical skills;
- Skilled in proper coaching techniques;
- Exceptional listening and analytical skill;
- Knowledge of call center language, protocols, and practices;
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team
Excellent time management and prioritization skills;
- Excellent decision making and communication skills; and
- Proficiency in the usage of MS Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
Physical Attributes and Characteristics
- Attentive to details;
- Organized, energetic, and patient; and
- Must be focused, enthusiastic and innovative
* Based on tuition fee rates for school year 2011-2012.